The coach’s job is to supervise the entire competitive swim program. The Swim Newton coaching staff is dedicated to providing a program for youngsters that will enable them to learn the value of striving to improve oneself–“to be the best you can be.” Therefore, the coaches must be in total control in matters affecting training and competition.
- The coaches are responsible for placing youngsters in practice groups. This is based on the age and ability level of each individual. When it is in the best interest of a swimmer, he/ she will be placed in a more challenging training group by the coach.
- Sole responsibility for stroke instruction and the training regimen rests with the Swim Newton coaching staff. Each group practice is based on sound scientific principles and is geared to the specific goals of that group.
- The coaching staff will make the final decision concerning which meets Swim Newton swimmers may attend. The coaching staff also makes the final decision concerning which events a swimmer is entered into.
- At meets, the coaching staff will conduct and supervise warm-up procedures for the team. After each race, the coaches will offer constructive criticism regarding the swimmers performance. (It is the parent’s job to offer love and understanding regardless of their youngster’s performance)
- The building of a relay team is the sole responsibility of the coaching staff.
The coaching staff is constantly updating and improving the Swim Newton program. It is the swimmers and parents’ responsibility to make the most out of the excellent opportunity this program provides for success in swimming.